Monday, June 10, 2013

Napoli tried to sign Roma duo Erik Lamela and Marquinhos, says president

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed how he tried to bring Roma duo Erik Lamela and Marquinhos to the Serie A side.
Striker Lamela scored 15 goals in 33 games last season, while teenage centre-half Marquinhos has attracted interest from Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Roma are part-owned by Italian bank Unicredit and De Laurentiis says he went straight to them to enquire about the highly-rated pair.
"I contacted Unicredit directly for Lamela and Marquinhos. I offered them 40million euros (£34.1m)," he told Football Italia.
"Instead, they offered me the services of Pablo Daniel Osvaldo at all costs, but seeing as we have Edinson Cavani right now, we don't need him.
"However, at this moment in time, I'm no longer convinced by Lamela and Marquinhos. I've noted that there are other strong players around who are cheaper."

No comments:

Post a Comment