Monday, June 10, 2013

Antonio Di Natale has no intention of leaving Udinese for Juventus

Antonio Di Natale is committed to Udinese "for life" after shrugging off renewed interest from Serie A champions Juventus.
The 35-year-old striker has scored 158 league goals in a prolific nine-year spell with Udinese, hitting the target 23 times last season to finish six goals behind top scorer Edinson Cavani of Napoli.
His final-day strike in a 5-2 victory at Inter Milan confirmed his side's qualification for the Europa League for another year.
Juve are eager to strengthen their forward line and, having already secured Spanish striker Fernando Llorente from Athletic Bilbao, the Bianconeri are reportedly preparing a fresh approach for Di Natale.
Di Natale rejected a move to Turin in 2010 and the chance to further establish himself as an icon in Udine means the answer will remain the same this summer.
"I think that what I've done with Udinese will go down in the history of the club," he told fifa.com. "I don't see that as something insignificant.
"The truth is that I've found my natural home in Friuli and I've never thought about leaving a team, a town and a family - the Pozzos [Giampaolo Pozzo is Udinese's president] - who have adopted me like a son.
"I miss Naples and I'm proud to be Neapolitan, but Udine is like a second home for me. I'm feeling great here and I feel the love from the fans. When Juventus contacted me, I told their president [Andrea Agnelli] that I wanted to stay here. That's how we decided that I'd stay here for life.
"There isn't too much pressure here. You can lose a few games and still be able to work in peace. The results speak for that approach. Everyone does their job well - the players, the coach and the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment